The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for this disease and to improving care for sarcoidosis patients. Since its establishment in 2000, FSR has fostered over $4 million in sarcoidosis-specific research efforts and has worked diligently to provide resources to thousands. Find all open applications below.
FSR is please to provide one-on-one support to sarcoidosis warriors and/or their caregivers through our Patient Navigator Program. Please complete as much of this request form as is comfortable. FSR takes great care in pairing new or first-time-flair sarcoidosis warriors with a Patient Navigator who best fits your lifestyle and type of sarcoidosis.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a need-based registration waiver for the Patient Education Summits. Please read carefully before applying for a registration fee waiver.
- Registration fee waiver is meant to cover the cost of a summit registration fee for one person. This includes all features of summit registration including access to the Exhibitor, Wellness Center, and all sessions both live, and up to 90-days after.
- If you and a caregiver wish to attend together (you may wish to participate separately via different computers or smart devices), you must include their name and information as well as provide documentation of shared residence at time of application. Applications without caregivers listed will not have the option to request a caregiver registration fee at a later time. Your caregiver would need to submit their own, separate application.
- The Registration Fee Waiver will not exceed the value of summit registration ($40/per person).
The eligibility requirements for a needs-based registration fee waiver are as follows:
- Demonstrated financial need based on household income and the ability to provide documentation.
- Confirmed diagnosis of sarcoidosis
- FSR reserves the right to decline a registration fee waiver application should an individual provide misinformation on his/her application or otherwise show misconduct at any FSR event.
The FSR Small Research Grant aims to support smaller scale or pilot research projects, which can be supported either singularly by FSR or through a partnership with additional funders. The FSR will award a limited number of grants, totaling $25,000. In assessing applications, we look for strength in overall strategy, methodology, and analysis. Proposals are encouraged from investigators across a variety of disciplines, submitting projects which will lead to direct and significant impact upon sarcoidosis research. Please make sure to include any literature, data, and previous research that is relevant to your proposal.
Proposals for the FSR Small Grants must be for research in the sarcoidosis space. Proposals for research studies focused on areas other than sarcoidosis are not eligible.
Principal Investigators (PIs), Co-PIs, and Sub-Is, must submit bio-sketches in the NIH format as well as any letters of support from anyone collaborating on the proposal.
The PI must be affiliated with a college, university, or a non-profit research facility that is willing to serve as the administering organization if the grant is awarded. The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research does not award grants directly to individuals.
Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars.
The budget for the FSR Small Grant is limited to $25,000 and may not include indirect costs. Budgets that include research lab equipment that uses over 50% of the proposed budget must include justification and a description of how that equipment will be used post grant period.
All awardees must submit annual progress reports to FSR. Annual reports are due one year after the grant period start date, and every year thereafter that the grant period is active for.
Projects proposed may not be longer than 5 years in duration.
Previous Small Grant awardees are eligible to apply.
PIs and Co-PIs may not submit more than one application for this program in a given cycle.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59PM CENTRAL TIME ON THE DEADLINE DATE.